According to Google, 97% of consumers use the web to search for local businesses. Hence, you will not be found if you are not online.
All businesses, no matter how small, should have a website. As a matter of fact, having a strong and visible online presence is a crucial component of your marketing strategy, no matter what industry you belong to.
Your website can be extremely basic, but it should contain the fundamental information customers (both existing and potential customers) need. The website must have current details of the business like its opening hours, location, service offerings and contact information.
There’s no reason a business should lose potential customers over something that’s so easy to avoid and costs very little. A basic website is pretty easy to set up. If it’s relevant to your business, you can even add an online shop – after all, in 2013, 70% of consumers preferred to do their retail shopping online.
It’s critical that every business should, at the very least have a presence on the web so that customers, potential employees, business partners and perhaps even investors can quickly and easily find out more about its business and the products or services you have to offer.
The website, which is like your public facing personnel must have a professional look to pass the right message – remember; first impression sticks and with a professional website, your business can put across the feeling and look of a much bigger company.
There is no fancy way to say it but if you don't have a website, you're losing transactions to competitors who do.
Below are some reasons why your small businesses can benefit from having a website:
- 1. Far-reaching: With a Website, the whole world becomes your reach and not just people in your street.
2. Exposure: The website also serves as your business card
3. Visible: 97% of people use the web to search for business, if they are going to find your business, your business needs to be on the Web
4. Open 24/7: Your website is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
5. Easy Access: After customers find you, they can easily contact you
6. Customer service: When customers can go to your Website and get the information they want. This increases their satisfaction increases
7. Customer Dialog: Your website is an extremely useful way for answering your customers Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
8. Competition: if people can't find you on the Web, they can find your competitors
9. Credibility: A quality website adds credibility to your business
10. Foundation: Your website is a foundation for current and future online marketing campaigns